Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back Again and a Recommendation

Hello Reader,

I have returned to my blog after an intense couple of weeks of essay writing, followed by a brief holiday trip home, and week of final exams. Now, as I set out on a new semester at the University of East Anglia, I am hoping to maintain this blog with some degree of respectability. A few housekeeping notes for those of you who have decided to read this blog from start to finish: I'm no longer in the Sustainable Consumption class, so I won't have the weekly prompts any more. Instead I'll be flying solo with my own topics. Even so, I'm hoping to keep up the same type of academic, semi-professional style that I hope you've enjoyed and found useful. Of course, since the other students are no longer expected to be looking after their own blogs and likely not following mine, I will certainly appreciate any comments that let me know you are there. Otherwise, I will just content myself to know at some point my musings may be rediscovered with a note of nostalgia when I am rich and famous. But seriously, I will appreciate any feedback, because more likely than not the ideas I put forward will not have been fully developed to their greatest potential.

Also, in my free time over the break and partially to alleviate my eco-guilt about flying, I read a healthy portion of the Transition Town Handbook by Rob Hopkins. So far it has been a good read and seems like it will be useful for my life after university. As such, I highly recommend finding a copy if you are at all serious about making a local or regional impact related to sustainability.

Sincerely,
Sean Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment