Thursday, April 8, 2010

Climate Change Economic Policy in a Nutshell

Hello Reader,

Today I stumbled upon the most concise, non-academic, non-skeptical, un-exaggerating article I have read about the economics and policy of climate change. If you are at all interested in the topic of climate change, curious what the real debate is about and why nothing is getting done, then I cannot offer a more straightforward article.

Published: April 5, 2010
How we can afford to tackle climate change.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/11/magazine/11Economy-t.html

I am not saying that there is not a plea for action, because there is. However, if you take the time to read through all 10 pages of the article, I believe that you will find two things. The first is that article clearly expresses what the author's opinions and views are and what the current state of scientific and political debate are. Climate change is by no means a straightforward issue, and the author does not cover every possible angle of the debate. Yet the ones that he does cover are some of the mostly likely to be considered the root issues with knowledgeable debaters who are honest with themselves.

After two semesters of graduate study of climate change science and rigorously following the political, economic, and scientific debates to the best of my ability, I cannot find any points of exaggeration within the article. If after reading the article you do find points that you find questionable or particularly illustrative, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Sean Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment