Friday, July 23, 2010

The End is Nigh!

Hello Readers,

Admittedly, the title of this post is a bit dramatic. What I mean to say is that I am (knocking on wood) nearly finished with my master's degree. It is less than two weeks until my dissertation is due, and I am working furiously to finish it despite some minor setbacks.

Despite the coming transition, I have every intention of continuing this blog as a way to stay mentally connected to the sustainability-related causes that I have been pursuing for the past year. In fact, I hope to post information and ideas more frequently once my dissertation is complete, so please check back regularly or add me not your RSS feed or whatever it is that blog-readers do.

Finally, for the past year I have been developing the idea of founding a community-based non-profit that promotes sustainable lifestyles and choices. In particular, I was inspired by my volunteer work at the Greenhouse Trust and what I've learned about the Transition Movement. When I return to the US, I would be very interested in visiting any organizations or communities that are based on similar principles. If you are associated with such a group, please send me an email and tell me about your experience!

Thanks for following along!

Sincerely,
Sean Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment